As my home for over 15 years, Sydney is a city that I know inside and out, and a place that I’ve written about so often on this blog. It also helps that it’s a beautiful city, and a great destination for tourists. If you’re planning a visit, big or small, to help you out I’ve collected together my best posts about Sydney.
A Quick Itinerary
- 48 Hours in Sydney – an ideal itinerary for your first visit
Free and Cheap Things to Do
Sydney can be expensive, but it also offers plenty of free and cheap things to do, including some of its highlights.
- 9 Free Things to Do in Sydney – both indoor and outdoor options are included
- Top 10 Free Festivals in Sydney – time your visit to coincide with one of these festivals
- Industrial Relics & Art at Cockatoo Island – catch the ferry to this UNESCO site in the harbour
- Sydney Street Art – the best streets to head to in the Inner West to explore the vibrant street art scene
Cheap Options to Eat and Stay
- 6 Cheap Eats in Sydney – some of the great cheap eateries in the CBD
- 3 Authentic but Cheap Places to Stay in Sydney – forgot about a generic hotel room and stay at one of these cheap options, all with harbour views!
What to Splurge On
- Is the Sydney BridgeClimb Worth It? – one of the most expensive, but also the most popular, things to do
- A Dachshund and a Five-Star Hotel – a dog-friendly hotel to stay in on the harbour
Day Trips from Sydney
- Travel Anywhere in Sydney for only $2.50 – my tip for cheap day trips using the train or ferries
- 3 Alternative Winery Day Trips from Sydney – some of the lesser known wineries just outside the city’s outskirts